DeployMe Modern Windows 10 Deployment
Industry: Major Retailer
Company Size: 10,000+
A major Australian supermarket chain partnered with Olikka to create a modern Windows 10 deployment solution with a difference. The requirements included understanding when users are qualified to be upgraded, reduce deployment complexity for the IT team, empower staff to schedule an upgrade when they are ready, save considerably on deployment cost/resourcing and deploy in a timely manner. Olikka also recognised the end users, thanks to consumer-based technology now expect a smooth transition and beautiful interfaces that Olikka built into the solution.
• Olikka developed a single page web-app, hosted on the customer’s domain joined Windows Server
• The web-app will query apps and hardware the user has access to understand if the user is upgrade ready
• When users are deemed eligible they will be contacted via email inviting them to upgrade to Windows 10
• Once the user chooses to update the web-app will call SCCM task sequence initiating the build
• The web-app will then track build state and notify the user (optional) as state changes. This will also be used to record the final state of build (complete, error, not started)
• End users are then supported by the Olikka’s Digital Enterprise Assistant
A pilot program was created where 100 users were hand selected to trial the new tool. Results exceeded expectations especially with regard to ease of deployment as zero IT resources were involved and 100% of candidates were successfully deployed. Further development into app integration was completed before rolling out a further 7,000 users. The main project goals have been realised and they are large cost saving per head, increased staff engagement, ease of deployment for IT and quick deployment time.
– Olikka’s DeployMe
– Olikka’s Digital Enterprise Assistant
– Windows 10
– Configuration Manager