Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
Company Size: 10,000+
Repco required the implementation of Hybrid Lotus Notes & Office 365 (O365) email infrastructure.
Olikka’s solution consisted of three distinct elements:
1. Design, configure and validate Hybrid Lotus Notes & O365 Infrastructure
2. Migrate ~200 Covs Parts(Sister Business Unit of Repco) mailboxes from AHG email servers to O365
3. Migrate ~30 Davenport(Sister Business Unit of Repco) mailboxes from Lotus Notes to O365
Olikka’s solution supported the following Repco business initiatives:
1. Provide the Account Payable outsourcing initiative with a Microsoft Exchange-based platform to integrate with the ‘Query Management Tool’
2. To support the migration of a business unit’s email from the existing AHG Exchange 2010 infrastructure to a Repco-managed O365 tenant Outcomes
The existing Repco O365 tenant was configured for ‘production readiness’, including configuration of In-Place e-discovery & hold, Data Loss Prevention, Retention Policies and Mail Journal. An Exchange 2013 ‘Hybrid Server’ was implemented and configured to bridge the Repco Lotus Notes and O365 infrastructure gap.
Olikka provided a detailed ‘Test Cases’ record, inclusive of Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook client integration test cases as well as mobile device test cases. A validation of hybrid Lotus Notes and O365/Outlook was then performed, using the detailed test cases as a guide. Olikka was responsible for resolving any test case failures Identified.
From there a rollback process to migrate O365 mailboxes back to Lotus Notes was identified and documented.
200 Mailbox Migrations for Covs Parts:
Phase 1 Migration – Cut over to O365 without Mail Archives (OWA Point Solution)
– Setup staff in REPNET domain
– Olikka assisted to develop user communications relating to the email cutover
– As necessary, provide third-level support for mailbox cutover
Phase 2 – Migrate Historic Mail into O365.
– Olikka assisted Repco to develop user communications relating to the historic mail cutover (and decommissioning of AHG OWA)
– Migration of approximately 200 Covs Parts mailbox contents from AHG Exchange 2010 infrastructure to O365 (with BitTitan SaaS migration toolset)
– As necessary, Olikka provide third-level support for Covs Parts historic mail cutover
15 Mailbox Migrations for Davenport:
– Migration of approximately 30 (15 shared and 15 named) Davenport mailboxes from Lotus Notes to O365 (using BitTitan SaaS migration tools)
– As necessary, provide third-level support for Davenport team members