Cloud Strategy and Design
Company Size: 5,000+
Queensland Rail (QR) has a stated strategic direction to transition to a hybrid Infrastructure as a Service model. QR identified that the initial design of the hosted environment was vital to ensuring the future success of the hybrid cloud strategic initiative.
QR, therefore, was seeking a skilled and experienced implementation partner to provide ‘best practice’ guidance and design knowledge to kick off initial requirements; gathering, analysis, solution options definition and design activity.
Following a detailed evaluation of the requirements outlined within QR’s ‘Cloud Environment Design’ Request for Quotation, Olikka proposed a solution utilising internal technical, consulting and commercial experience to deliver a solution that created the following project outcomes:
- ‘End-to-end accountability’ for the overall delivery of the proposed solution/project
- Analysis of ‘current state’ – Identification and analysis of business requirements
- Definition of relevant Hybrid Cloud solution options and making recommendations accordingly
- Development of a High-Level Design (based on the chosen Hybrid Cloud solution option)
- Development of a Roadmap and High-Level Implementation Plan
- Identification of business case inputs (i.e. identify what resources would be required to perform detailed design and implementation of High-Level Design)
- A fixed price quotation for performing detailed design and implementation
- ‘Best practice’ guidance throughout the envisioned engagement
- Based on experiences gained by completing similar projects, the transition from a traditional data centre infrastructure, to a hybrid cloud infrastructure, required a consultative approach – this ensured that stakeholders were well informed therefore confident about the significant technical and operational transitions that lie ahead.
In addition to delivering the above-mentioned project requirements, Olikka’s solution included a high amount of Olikka-led workshops. The workshops ensured all internal stakeholders were allowed to contribute while increasing their knowledge of Hybrid Cloud topics – this led to an increase in stakeholders’ satisfaction and motivation.
– Olikka Strategy
– Olikka Experts