Cloud Strategy and Design
Company Size: 5,000+
Queensland Rail (QR) has a stated strategic direction to transition to a hybrid Infrastructure as a Service model. QR identified that the initial design of the hosted environment was vital to ensuring the future success of the hybrid cloud strategic initiative.
QR, therefore, was seeking a skilled and experienced implementation partner to provide ‘best practice’ guidance and design knowledge to kick off initial requirements; gathering, analysis, solution options definition and design activity.
Following a detailed evaluation of the requirements outlined within QR’s ‘Cloud Environment Design’ Request for Quotation, Olikka proposed a solution utilising internal technical, consulting and commercial experience to deliver a solution that created the following project outcomes:
- ‘End-to-end accountability’ for the overall delivery of the proposed solution/project
- Analysis of ‘current state’ – Identification and analysis of business requirements
- Definition of relevant Hybrid Cloud solution options and making recommendations accordingly
- Development of a High Level Design (based on the chosen Hybrid Cloud solution option)
- Development of a Roadmap and High Level Implementation Plan
- Identification of business case inputs (i.e. identify what resources would be required to perform detailed design and implementation of High Level Design)
- A fixed price quotation for performing detailed design and implementation
- ‘Best practice’ guidance throughout the envisioned engagement
- Based on experiences gained by performing similar projects, the transition from a traditional data center infrastructure, to a hybrid cloud infrastructure, required a consultative approach – this ensured that stakeholders were well informed therefore confident about the significant technical and operational transitions that lie ahead.
In addition to delivering the above mentioned project requirements, Olikka’s solution also included a high amount of Olikka-led workshops, ensuring all internal stakeholders were given an opportunity to contribute while increasing their knowledge of Hybrid Cloud topics – this led to an increase in stakeholders’ satisfaction and motivation.
– Olikka Strategy
– Olikka Experts