Olikka Windows Servicing Solutions
Olikka Windows Servicing Strategy
Olikka have proven experience, developing End User Computing architecture as well as patching and servicing strategies for our customers. Olikka’s approach to Windows Servicing Strategies include:
- Assessing the readiness of existing systems such as SCCM, Intune and Windows 10 and Active Directory (GPOs). This also includes applications and scripts
- Implementation of Windows Analytics to understand the readiness for Windows 10
- Windows Servicing Workshops – to discuss Servicing approach, ring releases, servicing models, testing and release strategy, regularity of other dependant updates such as SCCM and Office 365 and the regular deployment approach
- Delivery of a Windows Servicing Strategy
Olikka Windows Servicing Strategy
+Build and Deploy
Following on from the Windows Servicing Strategy (see left) or leveraging a pre-existing strategy the build or uplift offering involves configuring systems such as SCCM and InTune to support Windows 10 servicing.
This typically includes:
- Updating SCCM to the latest version
- Configuring GPOs to support the latest version of Windows
- Configuring SCCM to support servicing approach
- Updating your Windows 10 task sequence to support Windows 10 Servicing
Deploy – Olikka’s DeployMe
- Olikka have developed a smart layer of intuitive software called DeployMe which interacts with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Analytics, Active Directory and Office 365 to provide an opt-in Windows 10 upgrade and servicing program for enterprise end user
- DeployMe enables users to schedule a Windows 10 servicing release at the time that suits them, DeployMe also ensures only users eligible for a Windows 10 service release, receive a notification to upgrade, resulting in a near 99% success rate
Windows Servicing by Olikka offers a fully managed Windows 10 Servicing experience, to help organisations maintain currency across their Windows 10 fleet.
Windows and Office Servicing must work around your business, ensuring minimal impact to staff and the IT team that supports them. That is why developing a thorough Servicing strategy is important. A servicing strategy needs to consider multiple factors such as your business calendar, the cadence updates are deployed, the testing and release process and finally, the deployment approach.
Build / Uplift
There are hundreds of settings that can be configured within SCCM and InTune specifically for servicing updates. Its important to get these right to not only ensure that updates are deployed when they are meant to, but that ongoing management of Windows servicing updates is not unnecessarily complex.
Olikka have developed a smart layer of intuitive software called DeployMe which interacts with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Analytics, Active Directory and Office 365 to provide an opt-in Windows 10 upgrade and servicing program for enterprise end user.
Windows Servicing: Staying Secure and Current
Olikka held a series of Windows Servicing event which covered:
- Developing a Windows Servicing Strategy
- Navigating the different choices and approaches to Windows Servicing
- Impact on dependent systems such as Active Directory and Config Manager
- Deployment approaches
We recorded one of these sessions, to view see below.